Modern American Girl - Meet Addy

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Meet Addy

Wow, we are halfway through the American Girls already! Addy was a bit difficult for me at first, largely because I'm a little white suburban girl so it wasn't really working to project my style onto her like I had with the other dolls. So instead I'm using a muse for her style. I'm going to base a bit of her look off my old employer and mentor Cassie, who is a bridal designer in LA and who hired me at my first internship in the fashion industry when I lived out there. She had this fantastic vintage meets modern style that was still a bit fitted and sexy.

Honestly, Cassie probably wouldn't be rocking a bright blue headband with this outfit, but Addy has the blue band on her hat so I guess we have to do what the book shows. And I couldn't find a decent puka shell necklace (which was one of my favorite parts of Addy's outfit) so I went with earrings instead. (I also loved that Addy had pierced ears. This was so cool to little 9 year old me.)

See all Felicity
See all Josefina
See all Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. United states Lady girl are gathering a fun action for ladies of all age groups. The United states Lady selection has something for everyone, from Bitty Child for ladies who really like baby dolls, to baby dolls who look just like their entrepreneurs.

    live webcam girls

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |