Not The Gumdrop Buttons!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011






One of my favorite Christmas cookies has to be gingerbread. I've never made it from scratch because it's always intimidated me, but when I found this recipe by Martha Stewart I decided that this was the year. My mom and I spent Saturday making all sorts of Christmas delicacies and these turned out incredible. They were soft but not mushy and the perfect balance of sweet and spice-y (as opposed to spicy hot) with a fantastic aftertaste that makes me want to grab another cookie. I used the royal icing instructions as well to decorate them and again, it went great. My decorating skills on the other hand leave something to be desired. An artist I am not. Thankfully that doesn't impair their ability to taste delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |